— Further Updates Will be Under the MLK Tab —
2017 MLK Tourney Info – sponsored by the NCCVL-W
- Location: San Jose State University, SPX and YUH buildings (see C1 and C2 on the map)
- Dates: Saturday, January 14 – Sunday, January 15, 2017
- Results: Full results and the all tournament team will be posted. Live results will be posted during the event.
- Format: Day 1 is pool play and challenge matches. Day 2 is power pool followed by single elimination bracket play. Schedule is subject to change.
- Teams Attending:
- San Jose St. (paid)
- USC (paid)
- Sonoma (paid)
- UC Davis (paid)
- William Jessup (paid)
- Oregon (paid)
- Sacramento St. (paid)
- San Diego St. (paid)
- UCSB (paid)
- Cal Poly (paid)
- UCLA (paid)
- UC Irvine (paid)
- UC Riverside (paid)
- Santa Clara (paid)
- Chico St. (paid)
- St. Mary’s (paid)
- USC II (paid)
- San Diego St. II (paid)
- UCSB II (paid)
- Cal Poly II (paid)
- UCLA II (paid)
- Sonoma II (paid)
- Cost: $405 prior to November 30. $455 after November 30.
- Invoices: All teams will be provided an invoice. The invoice contains the address you can use to send in your payment.
- Prize: $475 (half of the entry fee cost from nationals).
- Refs: Certified refs will be used for all matches.
- Tourney Director: A tournament director will run the event. Scores and schedules will be posted in the gym and updated throughout the event.
- Team Selection: All teams are selected on a “first come, first serve” basis based on the date payments are received. B teams are welcome to attend.
- Refund Policy: The last day to withdraw is December 13, 2016. Teams may withdraw from the event if a request is made in writing. Refund requests received after this time period will not be granted except for acts of god and dangerous weather conditions.
- All-State Team: Players selected to the All-Tournament team become eligible for consideration to the All-State team announced at the end of the season. For 2017, members of the All-State team may be invited to compete at the USA Volleyball open national championships in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
- Hotels: There are a number of great hotels near campus. This website provides a list of good hotels near campus.
- Contact: To reserve a spot and receive an invoice, you can contact us at email@example.com
Trackback from your site.