The 2017 Women’s Preseason Rankings are posted. Congrats to UCSB for earning the top spot in Division I and to UCLA II for the top spot in Division II.
The 2017 CCVC Scholarship Application is available under the Scholarships page. The deadline is 5pm on March 1, 2017. In 2016, the CCVC awarded over $3,750 in scholarship funds to deserving student athletes.
— Further Updates Will be Under the MLK Tab —
2017 MLK Tourney Info – sponsored by the NCCVL-W
- Location: San Jose State University, SPX and YUH buildings (see C1 and C2 on the map)
- Dates: Saturday, January 14 – Sunday, January 15, 2017
- Results: Full results and the all tournament team will be posted. Live results will be posted during the event.
- Format: Day 1 is pool play and challenge matches. Day 2 is power pool followed by single elimination bracket play. Schedule is subject to change.
- Teams Attending:
- San Jose St. (paid)
- USC (paid)
- Sonoma (paid)
- UC Davis (paid)
- William Jessup (paid)
- Oregon (paid)
- Sacramento St. (paid)
- San Diego St. (paid)
- UCSB (paid)
- Cal Poly (paid)
- UCLA (paid)
- UC Irvine (paid)
- UC Riverside (paid)
- Santa Clara (paid)
- Chico St. (paid)
- St. Mary’s (paid)
- USC II (paid)
- San Diego St. II (paid)
- UCSB II (paid)
- Cal Poly II (paid)
- UCLA II (paid)
- Sonoma II (paid)
- Cost: $405 prior to November 30. $455 after November 30.
- Invoices: All teams will be provided an invoice. The invoice contains the address you can use to send in your payment.
- Prize: $475 (half of the entry fee cost from nationals).
- Refs: Certified refs will be used for all matches.
- Tourney Director: A tournament director will run the event. Scores and schedules will be posted in the gym and updated throughout the event.
- Team Selection: All teams are selected on a “first come, first serve” basis based on the date payments are received. B teams are welcome to attend.
- Refund Policy: The last day to withdraw is December 13, 2016. Teams may withdraw from the event if a request is made in writing. Refund requests received after this time period will not be granted except for acts of god and dangerous weather conditions.
- All-State Team: Players selected to the All-Tournament team become eligible for consideration to the All-State team announced at the end of the season. For 2017, members of the All-State team may be invited to compete at the USA Volleyball open national championships in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
- Hotels: There are a number of great hotels near campus. This website provides a list of good hotels near campus.
- Contact: To reserve a spot and receive an invoice, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are proud to announce this year’s women’s all-state team! Congratulations to A. Bol (#10, RS, UC Davis) for being named MVP, A. Dunne (#9, L, UC Davis ) for earning All-Libero honors, and R. Huynh for being named California Coach-of-the-Year. Players became eligible for all-state honors by earning all-tournament honors at MLK @ SJSU, Far Westerns @ UC Davis, the Las Vegas Open, and the National Championships. Players named to the NCCVL-W all-league team also became eligible. All eligible players were placed on a ballot for voting. Coaches from throughout California voted and named the all-state team. Check out the full team here: 2016 CCVC Women’s All-State Team
Congratulations to this year’s scholarship recipients.
- D1 Award: E. Graves #6, UC Davis
- D2 Award: M. Roberts #19, USF